What's new at Expansive this month?
This month, we've been continuing to focus on asset management as well as better budget visibility, and other general platform improvements.
Budget and Cost Control
We're excited to announce we've improved budget oversight by including a budget overview table prior to the point of assigning costs, helping to give you more control over costs. You are now able to:
- See how you're tracking against budgets for financial periods before assigning or requesting services and approving quotes, helping you decide when the best time to carry out work is to prevent overspend.
- Add a 13th financial period to your budget if your financial calendar requires it.
We've also added a new feature to our asset management process that makes it even easier to find and create assets. With this new feature, you can:
- Launch a camera within the application and scan asset barcodes or QR codes to easily find assets within the system.
- Create assets directly from the barcode scanner if they don't yet exist. This saves you time and hassle, and it helps to ensure that your asset register is always up-to-date.
Improved Search Results
We've made several improvements to our search results pages to make it easier for you to find the information you need. Now, you can add more granular filters to the following pages:
- Work order index screen now filterable by asset groups and their child categories.
- Recurring work order index now filterable by summary.
- Parts area in Settings now filterable by category.
In addition to the new features and improvements listed above, we've also made a number of general platform improvements. These improvements include:
- A new tree component that is more flexible, easier to use and tailored to the platform. This is prominent viewing a site schema, filtering work orders by categories or assigning assets to a model.
- Improved translation across the site by disabling translation for elements such as names, currency codes, and industry abbreviations.
That's it for this month! Be sure to stay tuned for more updates to come.